Friday, October 5, 2012

X-Man update

Xander got a fever in the night, which was brought down with Tylenol.  This morning, the doctors were feeling pretty good about things because the redness on his leg/ foot seemed to be receding a bit.  However, in the last hour he has spiked a high fever again-- 103.8.  Also, the redness has expanded.  We have had several people in here looking him over and deciding what to do.  They have given him Tylenol for the fever and they are changing his IV antibiotic.  They are also adding an additional "the big guns" antibiotic to treat him for MRSA.  Besides that, they are now consulting with infectious diseases and doing additional blood cultures to see if they can figure out exactly what is going on.

Thank you for remembering him in your prayers.



  1. I just want you to know that I am praying for Xander. I'm so sorry things have been so rough for the little guy. Hugs from one mama to another.


Thank you for your comment! It will be reviewed and posted shortly.